The goal of the Quality Management System is development of institutional mechanisms for systematic evaluation and coordination of initiatives and developmental programmes with a permanent purpose of promoting high standards of professional and expert development of partners in all fields of activities.
The University of Rijeka has always considered the quality of education as a key component of its competitiveness and attraction. It attempts to provide its students with quality research and educational opportunities so as to contribute to the overall quality of the development of the community.
The Strategy for quality advancement at the University of Rijeka is based on:
- promotion of continuous discussions on the issues of quality and broadening the culture of quality within the academic community and society at large;
- development and organization of evaluation and self-evaluation procedures for research of various aspects of education quality, as well as different target audiences (students, teachers, administrative staff, managers, employers, public opinion);
- ensuring permanent feedback from students, along with taking their comments, suggestions and criticisms into account;
- defining standards and criteria of quality at the University of Rijeka
- development of internal mechanisms (procedures) for ensuring and advancing quality management;
- ensuring efficiency of execution of aforementioned internal mechanisms for ensuring and advancing quality management within member institutions;
- promotion and assurance of staff development– providing professional training for teachers, managers and administrative staff.