The University Council is a managerial body that oversees the University’s development and its interaction with the community to which it contributes, promotes deliberation, and verifies the Senate’s strategic and developmental decisions. The Council assures that the University fulfills its central tasks, paying particular attention to its legal standing, its approach to human and material resources, and its adherence to the Senate’s decisions. The Council consists of 12 members: 6 members are elected by the Senate (5 of which are university researchers or professors, and 1 of which is a student), 2 members are selected by the founder (MSE), the Croatian Chamber of Economy elects 2 members, and the remaining 2 are chosen by local administrative bodies to which the University belongs.
Mladen Pejković, Atlantic Group ltd.
1. Prof. Marko Čanađija, Ph.D., Faculty of Engineering, University of Rijeka
2. Zlatko Komadina, Head of the Primorje-Gorski Kotar County
3. Assoc. Prof. Gabriela Ambrožić, Ph.D., Department of Physics, University of Rijeka
4. Prof. Jasenka Mršić-Pelčić, M.D., Ph.D., Faculty of Medicine, University of Rijeka
5. Vojko Obersnel, M.Sc., Mayor of the City of Rijeka
6. Siniša Reljić, M.Eng., Navis Consult ltd.
7. Denis Mijolović, Student
8. Academician Daniel Rukavina, Ministry of Science and Education
9. Prof. Christian Stipanović, Ph.D., Faculty of Tourism and Hospitality Management, University of Rijeka
10. Prof. Silvana Vranić, Ph.D., Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Rijeka
11. Prof. Heri Bezić, Ph.D., Croatian Chamber of Economy – Rijeka County Chamber