The University Council is a managerial body that oversees the University’s development and its interaction with the community to which it contributes, promotes deliberation, and verifies the Senate’s strategic and developmental decisions. The Council assures that the University fulfills its central tasks, paying particular attention to its legal standing, its approach to human and material resources, and its adherence to the Senate’s decisions. The Council consists of 12 members: 6 members are elected by the Senate (5 of which are university researchers or professors, and 1 of which is a student), 2 members are selected by the founder (MSE), the Croatian Chamber of Economy elects 2 members, and the remaining 2 are chosen by local administrative bodies to which the University belongs.
Mladen Pejković, Atlantic Group ltd.
1. Prof. Marko Čanađija, PhD, Faculty of Engineering at the University of Rijeka
2. Zlatko Komadina, Governor of the Primorje-Gorski Kotar County
3. Prof. Miranda Mladinić Pejatović, PhD, Department of Biotechnology at the University of Rijeka
4. Prof. Jasenka Mršić-Pelčić, PhD, Faculty of Medicine at the University of Rijeka
5. Vojko Obersnel, MSc, Mayor of the City of Rijeka
6. Siniša Reljić, MEng., Navis Consult ltd.
7. Mateo Rudan, Student
8. Academic Daniel Rukavina, Ministry of Science and Education
9. Prof. Christian Stipanović, PhD, Faculty of Tourism and Hospitality Management
10. Prof. Silvana Vranić, PhD, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences at the University of Rijeka
11. Prof. Emer. Vidoje Vujić, PhD, Croatian Chamber of Economy – Rijeka County Chamber