The University of Rijeka strives to make its website accessible in accordance with the Act on the Accessibility of Websites and Programming Solutions for Mobile Devices of Public Sector Bodies of the Republic of Croatia (Official Gazette, No. 17/19; hereinafter ‘the Act’) which transposes Directive (EU) 2016/2102 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 October 2016 on the accessibility of the websites and mobile applications of public sector bodies (OJ L 327, of 2 December 2016) into the Croatian legislation.
This accessibility statement applies to the central location of the University of Rijeka located at: www.uniri.hr (hereinafter ‘the website’).
Degree of compliance
This website is partially compliant with the Act on Accessibility. By implementing the new CMS platform and redesigning the website in 2019 and setting up the One-Click Accessibility plug-in, most accessibility requirements are met, with the exceptions listed below.
The contents listed below are inaccessible for the following reasons:
- certain .pdf files published on the website were not entirely created by exporting source files from Microsoft Office Word by selecting the Accessibility Options, but rather by scanning printed documents, i.e. they are not accessible because they are not properly prepared for screen reader usage;
- some of the uploaded documents are original works of authorship created by third parties and are not available in a machine-readable format;
- .pdf files open in a new browser window (tab), whereas .doc and .ppt files are available exclusively for download;
- some of the images and files do not have an appropriate text description (alt text);
- some of the links are not underlined, i.e. do not contain appropriate text descriptions, but the arrow icon sometimes acts as a link indicator
- the keyboard cannot be used to access accessibility settings or increase the font.
The University of Rijeka is working on the elimination of the observed discrepancies.
Preparation of this Accessibility Statement
This Statement was drawn up on 10 September 2020 by using the Accessibility Statement Template which is in line with Directive (EU) 2016/2102 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the accessibility of the websites and mobile applications of public sector bodies and which was established by Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2018/1523.
The assessment of compliance with accessibility requirements is the result of self-assessment and automated accessibility checks using the WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool conducted by the University of Rijeka.
The statement was last reviewed on 14 September 2020.
The University of Rijeka will regularly revise this Statement upon the elimination of the reasons for inaccessibility, and at least once a year.
Feedback and contact information
Users of this website are kindly requested to notify the University of Rijeka if they notice non-compliant content not covered by this Statement.
All inquiries related to the accessibility of the University of Rijeka’s website can be sent by e-mail at email@example.com.
Procedure for monitoring the implementation of regulations
The Information Commissioner of the Republic of Croatia is the body responsible for monitoring the compliance of websites and programming solutions for mobile devices of public sector bodies with accessibility requirements and for monitoring the implementation of the Act on Accessibility.
In the case of unsatisfactory responses to notifications or requests for feedback on the accessibility of this website, users can contact the Information Commissioner by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.