The Center for Advanced Studies of Southeast Europe of the University of Rijeka and the Department of Philosophy of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences in Rijeka are organizing the ninth edition of the summer school on equality and citizenship, scheduled for June 12 to 16, 2023.
The summer school does not reproduce, in a diluted form, the familiar teaching format of a university course. Instead, it is organized around scientific workshops and “Author-Meets-Critics” symposia dedicated to some distinguished authors’ publications and work-in-progress. All the leading participants will give a paper on a topic on which they are working at the moment, or a precis to a recently published book, and will reply to the papers given by scholars who participate in the symposia dedicated to them.
This year’s leading participants are Anna Elisabetta Galeotti (University of Eastern Piedmont, Vercelli) and Daniel Weinstock (University McGill, Montreal).
The participants of the workshop “Mental Disorders, Public Justification, Capabilities, and Values” (comprehensive of the symposium dedicated to Prof. Daniel Weinstock) are:
- Elvio Baccarini (University of Rijeka)
- Ivan Cerovac (University of Rijeka)
- Ana Gavran Miloš (University of Rijeka)
- Shane Glackin (University of Exeter)
- Kristien Hens (University of Antwerp)
- Kristina Lekić Barunčić (University of Rijeka)
- Emiliano Loria (University of Eastern Piedmont)
- Sergio Filippo Magni (University of Pavia)
- Luca Malatesti (University of Rijeka)
- Iva Martinić (University of Rijeka)
- Cristina Meini (University of Eastern Piedmont, Vercelli)
- Roberta Sala (Vita-Salute San Raffaele University, Milan)
- Thomas Schramme (University of Liverpool)
- Areti Theofilopoulou (Institute of Philosophy of the Czech Academy of Sciences)
- Miklós Zala (Central European University, Vienna)
The summer school is primarily directed to post-doc and doctoral students. Post-doc and doctoral students can contribute to the discussion by commenting and asking questions. Post-doc and doctoral students will receive a certificate of participation that describes the activities in which they have participated at the summer school.
Participation in the Summer School is free of charge, but participants are required to register by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. If any further details are needed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated information regarding the summer school will be available at the following link.
Summer School directors: Elvio Baccarini, Ivan Cerovac, Iva Martinić, Snježana Prijić-Samaržija, Nebojša Zelič
Organization Board: Ana Gavran Miloš, Viktor Ivanković, Kristina Lekić Barunčić, Luca Malatesti, Julija Perhat, Aleksandar Šušnjar, Miklosz Zala