Due to the situation concerning the Coronavirus, University Library Rijeka has changed its working hours for the forthcoming period according to the instructions given by the Ministry of Science, Education and Sports in Croatia.
The Library will be open for students and University staff only, as an integral component of the learning process, to ensure remote (online) classes proceed without obstruction. For everyone else, the Library is closed. We are also temporarily suspending the use of reading rooms as well as the night working hours.
The Library will ensure regular loan of materials required for classes to all students and University staff in the following manner:
- All students and University staff can order materials needed via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by 11.00 a.m. on working days and pick them up on the same day between 12.00 and 2.00 p.m. in the Library. The same goes for the Campus branch office (at University Departments) only via e-mail (email@example.com).
- The Library will ensure all materials ordered are prepared and ready in the above mentioned period under the user’s name.
- This service is available for students and University staff only, for everyone else the library is closed.
- Loaning books will not be possible on Saturdays and Sundays.
- All reading rooms will be closed.
- Students and staff will be able to loan up to 5 items (as opposed to the usual 3) for the period of one month, after which they can extend it to another month.
- During the period of class suspension, students will not be charged late fees.
- Loaning magazine articles will also be possible via e-mail; students and staff will receive the article as a PDF file to their e-mail (e-mail for ordering is the same for both locations – central library and Campus branch office: firstname.lastname@example.org ).
- Bibliometric services and information services will be available as per usual via e-mail: email@example.com