The aim of the workshop is to point out the challenges in scientific communication and talk about how to overcome them. We will be taking examples from our own praxis and explain the ways in which librarians support scientists at the University of Rijeka. We will talk about the criteria scientists use when selecting and evaluating a publication, where to publish a paper, the importance of open access and how to be more visible on the scientific scene of the European research area.
We invite you to participate in the workshop and to share experiences and thoughts on the challenges of scientific communication in the digital age.
The session will take place via Zoom, and the link will be emailed to participants in advance.
Participants are kindly asked to ensure their microphones and cameras function on Zoom, so to be able to take part in the discussion.
WHEN: 23 June 2021, 12.00 – 14.00 CEST
Target audience: Academic staff, researchers, librarians
Number of participants: 20 (preferably)
Hosting institution: University of Rijeka, Croatia
- to understand key concepts of scientific communication in the digital age
- to identify challenges of scientific communication at universities
- to discuss on how to be more visible on the scientific scene of the European research area
- to identify activity of measuring and describing the quality and impact of academic research
- to discuss about the importance of open access and sharing of scientific knowledge
- to understand the multifaceted concept of scientific communication and the importance of contextuality in different discipline
- to discuss about the role of libraries and transformations in scientific communication
- to discuss on how to support scientists in increasing the visibility and impact of their research
- to share experiences and analyse different approaches of scientific communication in the digital age
- to promote innovative tools and infrastructure to support scientific communication.
- Sandra Winkler, Assist. Prof., Vice-Dean for International Affairs at University of Rijeka, Faculty of Law
- Dejana Golenko, PhD, University of Rijeka, Faculty of Law, Head of Library
- Dora Rubinić, University Library Rijeka, senior Librarian
Deadline for registration: 21 June 2021