The YERUN Research Mobility Awards (YRMAs) are competitive awards for early career researchers (Ph.D. students and post-docs) equivalent to Euraxess Research Profiles R1 (up to the point of Ph.D.) and R2 (Ph.D. holders, post-doc or equivalent who are not yet fully independent or until 8 years since completion of Ph.D.) from YERUN Universities.
This year, the programme will support researchers to establish a new research collaboration in a virtual format. The programme provides a platform to:
- work with other YERUN academics on a research project, publication, or new collaborative activity;
- promote multidisciplinary research across the YERUN network;
- enrich the research and training opportunities for PhD students, early career and postdoctoral scholars within the YERUN network.
A YERUN Research Mobility Award provides a flat-rate award to cover your expenses related to establishing a virtual collaboration (1,000 Euros) (please note that this amount may be subject to tax withholding). The research collaboration has to be established and implemented during the year 2021. You will not have to provide any receipts and it is your responsibility to arrange the activities related to your collaboration.
Examples of activities whose cost can be covered by the grant are:
- Publication in an Open Access journal;
- Organisation of a virtual conference;
- Participation fees in a virtual conference;
- Purchase of a digital tool/software that can support the virtual collaboration;
- Consumables equipment;
- Shipping of samples and other lab material;
- any other idea you might have!
If you are interested in applying, please read the 2021 Call and apply online. You can check in this document the different sections of the application.
Deadline for submitting applications: 12 May 2021 (EOB).