The European Commission awarded the Erasmus Charter for Higher Education 2021-2027 to the University of Rijeka. Pursuant to the Charter, the University of Rijeka will be able to apply for projects and participate in all activities of the new cycle of the Erasmus+ program in the next seven-year period.
In accordance with the draft of the new program 2021/2027, the objectives of the new program in the field of higher education include the following:
• contribute to the creation of the European Education Area,
• strengthen the links between education and research,
• strengthen critical thinking among students in all fields,
• contribute to employability, social inclusion and inclusion, civic engagement, innovation, and sustainability,
• accelerate the transformation of higher education institutions to become more innovative, inclusive, and ”digital”, and
• support for public policy priorities in higher education.
The Erasmus Charter for Higher Education 2021-2027 is a prerequisite for signing the new inter-institutional Erasmus agreements for the period 2021-2027, which will take place through the European Commission’s Erasmus Dashboard. The start of the signing of the inter-institutional Erasmus agreements through the platform has been postponed to 1 June 2021.
For the upcoming period, the European Commission announced a record budget, with a total amount exceeding 26 billion euros.