The University of Rijeka Foundation Awards ceremony, for the year 2018, was held at Aula Magna Hall at the UNIRI Rectorate on Thursday, December 12th, 2019. Professor Alen Ružić, M.D., Ph.D., Vice-Rector for Science and Arts, greeted the attendees on behalf of the UNIRI Management.
The guests were welcomed by Prof. Iva Rinčić, Ph.D., UNIRI Foundation Director, Mr. Marko Filipović, Deputy Mayor of Rijeka, and Ms. Edita Stilin, M.Sc., Head of the Department for Education of the Primorje-Gorski kotar County.
The Awards were awarded to:
- Prof. Marko Šestan, Ph.D., Faculty of Medicine, in the category of young scientists, the field of biomedical and natural sciences.;
- Assistant Prof. Vilko Petrić, Ph.D., Faculty of Teacher Education, in the category of scientists, the field of social sciences and humanities;
- Assistant Prof. Davor Dragičević, Ph.D., Department of Mathematics, the field of biomedicine and natural sciences;
- Assistant Prof. Nino Krvavica, Ph.D., Faculty of Civil Engineering, the field of technical and biotechnical sciences;
- Prof. Vladimir Takšić, Ph.D., retired professor from the Department of Psychology at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Lifetime Achievement Award;
- Associate Prof. Ana Meštrović, Ph.D., Department of Informatics, Associate Prof. Mihaela Matešić, Ph.D., Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, and Prof. Sanda Martinčić Ipšić, Ph.D., Department of Informatics, for their example of good practice (IT Support for People with Dyslexia for More Effective Reading Using the SyllAssist Method).