This edition of YUFE staff training will address different issues related to gender equality in academia and research such as disparity in access to leadership positions, principles of gender-sensitive academic communication, and implicit biases leading to stereotypical behaviors and consequently resulting in an underrepresentation of women in academia.
DATE: 10-11 December 2020, 9.00 – 12.00 am CET
Target audience: non-academics (staff of different profiles: student admission officers, support services, HR officers, librarians, etc.)
Number of participants: 20
Hosting institution: University of Rijeka
- to sensitize organizations’ staff to gender issues;
- to discuss and exchange information and experiences on the challenges related to gender in academia, gender equality promotion, and interventions in higher education and research institutions;
- to raise awareness of gender equality issues, improve participants’ gender competence, and enhance their ability to promote gender equality in their work.
- Prof. Snjezana Prijic-Samarzija, Ph.D., University of Rijeka, Rector
- Assoc. Prof. Sanja Bojanic, Ph.D., University of Rijeka, Center for Advanced Studies of Southeastern Europe
- Brigita Milos, Ph.D., University of Rijeka, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Kristina Stojanovic Cehajic, University of Rijeka, Center for Advanced Studies of Southeastern Europe
Registration deadline: 7 December 2020